You have no items in your shopping cart.
Curity AMD Antimicrobial Packing Strips by Covidien
The CURITY AMD Packing Strips used for wound packing, offer healthcare facilities a low-cost, prophylactic method of treatment without requiring a change in nursing protocol. The strips are infused with the powerful but safe antiseptic PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide) to provide an antimicrobial barrier to prevent microbial penetration and microbial growth within the wound dressing. PHMB has a wide range effectiveness against gram positive and gram negative microorganisms including some multi-drug resistant strains such as MRSA and VRE. The Packing Strips are also effective in minimizing infection and limiting cross-contamination be it patient to patient, patient to clinician, or patient to surrounding environment.
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness against most organisms
- Resists bacterial colonization within the dressing
- Helps prevent infections from growing and spreading in the dressing
- Reduces bacterial penetration through the dressing
- Helps minimize infection exposure from strike-though